Friday, August 15, 2008

How to's for you!!

I went to Allie Brown's blogspot to find lots of help. She has a tutorial on how to make a link from the blinkie you want to the page you want to go to. Like the CTMH one I have here. (I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK JUST A LITTLE BIT AGO!!)If you click it, it will take you to our homepage! I like it on my blog because it saves me some time... I just click and go :)
I'm going to cut and past some of her instructions for you to try this on your own blogs. If you need any help just give me a "holler" and I'll help if I can.

I used this first one to get me going....

Possibility number 1:-Copy the image on your computer and load it in your photobucket album under "160x120 Small".-Grab the HTML code it gives you and go back to your blog to Customize.-Click Add Gadget and then click on Configure HTML/JavaScript and add the code in the box.-Then Click on RICH TEXT on the right, highlight the blinkie when it comes up, click on that little world looking thingy that looks like its wearing glasses and put in my blog address and viola! You've got a blinkie!Possibility number 2:-If you click on the blinkie and it sends you to photobucket with the blinkie on the middle of the page, then copy the HTML code towards the bottom right of the page.-Click Add Gadget and then click on Configure HTML/JavaScript and add the code in the box. -Then Click on RICH TEXT on the right, highlight the blinkie when it comes up, click on that little world looking thingy that looks like its wearing glasses and put in my blog address and viola! You've got a blinkie!

I want to try and make us a blinkie and figure out how to make one for everybody's blogs. I can't believe how much I've learned... I'm not bragging, I just didn't know a thing about any of this and now I can pass something I've learned on to y'all! Makes me feel good!! :)

My good friend Camille has sent me instructions on creating a link inside the blog. You type in the words or word like I just did with her name, Camille, highlight the text and go up and click on the little green world that looks like it has on sunglasses and type in the addy in the pop up box to where you want to link to!! I CAN NOT believe how EASY that was! I could not get it figured out and WOW ...simple!!
I hope this helps some of you out there!

I have some "SCRAPPY NEWS" to share with y'all! I've been chosen as the Sister of the Week for next week over at Sisterhood of Scrap. I'll be on there from this Sunday to next Sat. (17th -23rd)! I'm so excited!! I've gotta go and make a layout for their next challenge (Nervous though- this one needs to be a good one!)This is a good site... you just look for the new challenge on Sundays and post to them by the next Sat. I believe it is. They have something different for each day of the week. They pick a winner each month from the submissions (you just have to send in one layout for each challenge of the month to be eligible for the drawing) I'm sooo excited! Off to go scrapbook awhile!!

Have a great day!!
Happy Scrappin'
Lisa H.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Lisa,

You go girl!!! You are in the spotlight, I know you will do great, I can't wait to see what you come up with. Thanks for all of the great info and for keeping the blog up to date, I will try to post something this weekend.

Have a great day,
Tracy